Let me plan our date!
I love trying new cuisines as well as creative modern fare, but my all-time favourites would be Japanese and French cuisine, and sinful Singaporean food. Places that serve all-day breakfast also have a special place in my heart. The easiest way to my heart (and into my pants) is to bring me out for a delicious dinner/lunch/brunch date.
When it comes to alcohol, my tipple of choice is a fruity and clean Pinot Gris or a sweet Riesling. I've recently started to really enjoy Merlot and Shiraz. I am fond of Japanese whiskeys and gins, but please recommend new ones to me! I'm always on the lookout for new libations.
Below is my very brief guide to my favourite establishments in Singapore. If you would like for me to plan something special, let me know!
- Ginza Sushi Ichi at Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel: Seated at the counter, we enjoy a delectable lunch/dinner while the chef expertly whips up our meals before our very eyes. Omakase + sake pairing is recommended!
- Whitegrass: Modern Australian cuisine, Chef Sam never disappoints! I'm so happy he received his first Michelin Star.
- Kinki at Customs House: Great bar, great restaurant! Fantastic Japanese food.
- Manhattan Bar at Regent Hotel: Recently voted as the top bar in Singapore for innovative cocktails
- Jigger and Pony: A new favourite haunt!
- Candlenut: Let me introduce my heritage to you through food.
- Odette at National Gallery Singapore: Let's take a break from walking through the galleries and indulge in a delightful French meal.
- Osteria Mozza at Marina Bay Sands: My favourite Italian place.
- NOX Dine in the Dark: The most unique dining experience where you dine in complete darkness. I love that this place only hires blind/visually impaired staff.
on my wishlist
- The Tippling Club (Avant-garde food and cocktails!)
- Ki-sho (Japanese Omakase + Sake)
- Waku Ghin by Tetsuya Wakuda (Modern European-Japanese cuisine)
- The Kitchen at Bacchanalia (Chefs previously from The Fat Duck!)
- Boca (Portugese cuisine)
- ME@OUE - Japanese and French cuisine, located in the heart of Singapore's financial district, with a great view to boot!
For my fellow foodies - please feel free to suggest other places as well! I'm very open to eating nearly anything and everything.
cultural events and performances
Ticket information is linked below. My preferences are Cat 1 or box tickets - you might as well indulge in such experiences!
16 November 2017-11 March 2018: Century of Light special exhibition at the National Gallery of Singapore.
21 February 2018: Boris Berezovsky: Titan of the Piano - Listing this because of the Chopin Impromptus he's playing! :)
4 March 2018: Ru Paul's Drag Race Kim Chi & Naomi Smalls with Comedy Queen & Host Lady Bunny - it would be my first drag comedy show!
8 March 2018: Murray Perahia in Recital - IT'S MURRAY PERAHIA!!! I'm such a huge fan! <3
23 Feb-18 March 2018: Evita the Musical - The story of Eva Peron, wife of former Argentine dictator Juan Peron, from her humble beginnings through to the extraordinary wealth, power and status which ultimately led her to be heralded as the 'spiritual leader of the nation' by the Argentine people.
27 March 2018: Estonian National Male Choir - Part of Estonia's celebration of 100 years as an independent Republic.
10 April 2018: Preludes to the Fawn - Strauss's Don Juan & Tiu's Tchaikovsky - Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune is one of the most magical pieces to listen to live.
26-29 April 2018: 1984 by George Orwell - This ICONIC book brought to life, on stage!
27-28 April 2018: SSO Gala presents La Bohème - Probably Puccini's most iconic piece, which I missed out on while in Vienna :( Help a girl out?
4-5 May 2018: Octavia E. Butler's Parable of the Sower (Theatre) - Parable of the Sower fuses science fiction, African-American spiritualism, deep insights into gender and race, and climate activism to construct a mesmerising meditation on the future of human civilisation. I am really really excited to see this after reading the book!
10-27 May 2018: Legally Blonde The Musical - Let's bend and snap! One of my favourite movies live on stage!
1-6 June 2018: Singapore Lyric Opera presents Verdi's AIDA - The Singapore Lyric Opera is so underrated it hurts my heart. Bring me here please!
27 June 2018-11 September 2018: The Lion King - I have yet to witness this universally loved theatre production. Someone grant my wishes?